- Sex: Male and female
- Age: Years 9 – 11 (aged 15 – 17 years)
- Education/employment: Currently attending some form of education, either school, training or employment or linked with a service agency
- Availability: Must be available to attend all program activities (for dates click here)
- Location: Lives in Albury City, Alpine, Corowa, Greater Hume, Indigo, Towong, Wangaratta, or Wodonga City local government areas
- Fitness: Some activities on our program are strenuous so if you have any medical issues please let us know. Don't worry though, we are not expecting applicants to be athletes!
- Support: Parental or guardian support is necessary, including an agreement to attend some program activities with the young person e.g. Information session
The YAW program will most benefit young people who:
- Have limited or no experience with similar programs such as Outward Bound or Young Endeavour;
- Have significant capacity to improve their self-awareness, self-confidence and self-esteem;
- Have had limited opportunity to extend their social, communication and leadership skills;
- Have no significant physical, mental health, drug or alcohol problems; and,
- Have no propensity for violence.
Take the initiative and give this exciting opportunity to someone you know and care about.
We are very thankful to our supporters who are vital in assisting, formulating, initiating and providing both financial and service administrative support to the program.
These programs increase the local public awareness of and support for young people at the local level and increase the capacity of diverse communities to communicate with and assist youth.
If you would like to become a supporter of Youth Albury Wodonga, please contact us today.